How Do I Tell Him After 10+ Years:

[Editor’s Note: This is a heartfelt poem portraying the longstanding struggles that can result from infidelity. We are publishing it because it fits with our sex-positive, pro-monogamous marriage stance and because it is an honest outpouring which does not blame or bash the spouse, but relates the lingering effects of the past. If reading it may cause you to stumble or judge, please enjoy a different post today.]

How Do I Tell Him

That he still makes me blush

With the smallest

That I absolutely LOVE

How he

Opens me wide

And sticks his cock

Inside of me.

That I wish

We could fuck more often.

That I wish

I wouldn’t think of her,

Of them,

When we fuck now.

That when he says he loves me,

Desires me,

Is all mine,

Texts me,

The first thing that comes

To my mind is,

Of not being enough.

After all,

She is,

All of them are,

Smaller,

Sexier,

More ‘eye candy’ than me.

That I feel,

If it weren’t for the kids,

He would have left

A long time ago.

HOW DO I TELL HIM????

1. Harper Shelby Thornton
    Harper Shelby Thornton says:

I'm so sorry! I think the best thing to do is to be open and honest with him. Maybe seek counseling of some sort? And pray for God to give you the strength to forgive him and move on. That's all I can think of. God bless, my dear. I wish you the best.

2. HeSaid-SheSaid
    HeSaid-SheSaid says:

If the last line of your post is a real question, the answer I would give is to show him this poem.
    I'm sorry for what has happened. Praying for honesty and healing for you both.

3. CrazyHappyLoved
    CrazyHappyLoved says:

Oh, my heart! I have no words of comfort, only experience.

For me, I set my mind on the fact that he *chose* to stay. I affirmed to him and myself that I trust he is committed to us as a couple. And I made that same commitment. Eventually, I was able to accept that it was me he *chose* to love. And I *chose* to love him in every way.

[The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman and] Hannah Whitall Smith's book, *The Christian's Secret of a Happy Life*, were instrumental in this heart change. My prayers are for you both.

[Edited for length]

4. iwantiteveryday
    iwantiteveryday says:

I'm truly sorry for what you experienced in your marriage. I do agree with Harper, continue to be honest with him and most importantly, continue to pray to GOD not only for your heart but for your marriage. I strongly believe that he is praying that your heart gets healed by the ONE who created our hearts.
    I also agree and strongly I may add!! with what CrazyHappyLoved said about the fact that he chose YOU! He chose to stay with you rather than her [any of them], he made a mistake{s] that cost him a lot and I'm pretty sure he's doing and will continue to do anything to regain your trust and he will find that ONLY if he's making JESUS the center of his marriage!… I will continue to pray for your heart!

5. Slinger
    Slinger says:

I write this from the opposite perspective. He likely thinks about it too. In my experience, the offender worries that you will never forgive them. That anytime you make love, you think of their mistake. That they may never convince you that you are the one they want. My advice: show him this poem. Then listen to and believe him when he tells you that you are THE ONE

6. hornyGG
    hornyGG says:

Prayers to you my dear! Trust that God will lead you in a path best for you and your marriage. So saddened by the pain you are feeling. But God is an awesome God and can lead us through the storms and trials of what life and marriage can sometimes put us through. God bless you!

7. Mokey
    Mokey says:

nodesire4sex, thank you so much for sharing a piece of your heart, that in itself can be helpful. May I suggest a book written by Dr. Douglas Weiss, it is called Intimacy, A 100 – Day Guide To Lasting Relationships. This is a Christian based book written by an amazing man. Dr Doug has taught my wife and I very much. After 35 years of marriage Dr. Doug has taught us that intimacy does not come naturally, we must invest ourselves in it. Bless you in your journey, never give up.