This blog post is simply about keeping the intimacy with your spouse when sexual intercourse isn’t happening. That can be for any legitimate reason such as disease, erectile dysfunction, injury, etc. I (the husband) have found this has been very important for me to initiate because of my wife’s disabilities that prohibit intercourse. It keeps me focused on what’s important in our relationship and our covenant vows. Naturally the lack of sexual intercourse has caused me to fight a lot of temptations that I wish I never had to fight. Keeping on target with some of the basics has helped immensely and I’d just like to share these insights that might help others “fight the good fight” to keep your marriage on target.
What I do for my wife:
- Watch chic flicks with her on a regular basis.
- Really listen to her.
- Read from a romance book to her before we go to sleep.
- Hold hands often.
- Hug often – a lot!
What I ask my wife to do for me:
- Give me lots of sexual touching.
- Surprise me by what she CAN do.
- Allow me to relieve my sexual tensions without guilt – even encouraging me to do so but always within biblical boundaries.
- And finally to remember that I also NEED intimacy from her, not just sexual relief.
Hope this will help and encourage others to keep the intimacy and renew some “heat” in your marriage.
We are sorry that this post was not one of your favorites!
Help us understand why.